If you think you have been affected by sexual misconduct, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice.  

What should I do?

  • Think: Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).
  • Find a safe space:  If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you can call security on 

The Safezone personal safety app is free to download, and use, and is the quickest way to receive emergency assistance whilst on campus: https://www.safezoneapp.com/how-it-works/

  • Talk to a friend: Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help. 
  • Seek specialist support: What support is available if I have experienced sexual misconduct?
  • Report: 
    • Reporting to the police: If you're thinking of reporting to the police, rape crisis has produced a useful list of things to think about.
    • Reporting the incident anonymously: You can call crime stoppers at any point on 0800 555 111 or use their online form.
    • Report + Support: Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. 
  • Take care of yourself: It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, Students can contact our student wellbeing team wellbeing@gre.ac.uk.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened